Feb 29, 2024  
2018-2019 Undergraduate Academic Catalog 
2018-2019 Undergraduate Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

College of Adult and Professional Studies

Dean Jim Jessup
Programs Supported Adult Evening Program; NU Online; Northwest Partnership Program; Extension Campuses; Concurrent Credit; Prior Learning Assessment

College of Adult and Professional Studies programs serve adult, online, and extension site students, offering academic programs in nontraditional hours and formats that enable working professionals to remain in their career while fulfilling their educational goals. The Program also serves other students by coordinating several nontraditional educational service programs, such as Prior Learning Assessment.

The College of Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS), is located in the Davis Administration Building on the Kirkland campus. The College delivers courses and academic majors through evening and weekend programs on the Kirkland, Salem, and Sacramento campuses. CAPS also delivers online courses through the NU Online program. In addition, the College facilitates the Northwest Partnership Program which partners with internship programs throughout the country. CAPS also serves students in many Christian high schools enabling students to earn college credits that satisfy the requirements of both their high school towards graduation and college degree.

The College of Adult and Professional Studies partners with the other Northwest University colleges to offer the following majors:

  • Certificate – Ministry Leadership
  • Associate – Associate in Arts, Associate in Ministry Leadership
  • Bachelor – Business Management, Information Technology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Ministry Leadership, Organizational Management, Psychology, RN to BSN in Nursing, and Public Safety Administration
  • Graduate – Business Administration, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Nursing, and Ministry Leadership

Northwest University students are able to obtain credit for prior learning through several methods, all facilitated by the Office of the Provost and the College of Adult and Professional Studies. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) covers credit earned via Certified Prior Learning as approved by the American Council on Education or the University, or submission of a Portfolio as outlined in the Prior Learning Assessment Guide. Please contact the College of Adult and Professional Studies for further information.

Students interested in any of the programs listed above should contact the College of Adult and Professional Studies Enrollment Office.

CAPS Enrollment Information  

Northwest Partnership Program  

Extended Education Approvals and Compliance 


Bachelor of Arts

Bachelor of Science in Nursing

Associate in Arts

Associate in Ministry Leadership