Oct 25, 2021
||Arts and Sciences
||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
||125 semester credits
The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science prepare students with the essential knowledge and skills to enter careers as health, fitness, and human performance specialists. The degree emphasize a strong core of scientific understanding of the human body and its systems as they relate to general health and wellness, fitness, and performance enhancement.
Graduates with a degree in Exercise Science will be able to:
- Describe the physiological response to exercise.
- Generate a proposal for a research project that uses the scientific method.
- Asses health-related components of fitness.
- Design a performance-based training program.
- Integrate the study of Exercise Science and the Christian faith.
Core Curriculum Requirements: 43
Written and Verbal Communications: 9
- 3 credits in this area must be from Writing Practice courses* (see Course Descriptions for applicability)
- 3 credits selected from the following:
Art (ARTE), Bible (BIBL), Drama (DRAM), English (ENGL), History (HIST), Language (LANG), Music (MUSI), or Theology (THEO)
Social Sciences: 6
- 6 credits in this area must be from Writing Practice courses* (see Course Descriptions for applicability)
- Select a minimum of two disciplines from the following:
Business Administration (BUSM), Communication (except COMM 1213), Economics, Education (EDUC), Geography (GEOG), Health & Fitness (PEDU), Information Technology (INTC), Management (BMGT), Marketing (BMKT), Philosophy (PHIL), Political Science (PSCI), Psychology (PSYC), Sociology/Anthropology (SOCI), or User Experience Design (UXDE)
Professional Readiness: 2
Two Core Curriculum elective credits are required to be Career Readiness credits. These credits can be earned by taking a combination of Career Readiness Courses and introductory internship and/or job shadowing experiences.
- This two-credit requirement is waived for students who transfer 60 or more credits to NU
- Students with 47-59 transfer credits are required to take one Career Readiness credit
Core Electives: 5
Any college-level courses
Exercise Science Foundation Requirements: 22
Foundation requirements may be applied to the Core Curriculum requirements or General Electives
Exercise Science Major Requirements: 34
Exercise Science Major Electives: 11
EXSC Elective: 3
Select one of the following:
SCIE Electives: 8
*SCIE Electives 8 credits
* Physical Therapy School note:
Students wishing to meet the pre-requisites for Physical Therapy school will need to include 1 year of General Biology and 1 year of Physics
General Electives: 15-37
Any college-level courses
Total: 125 Semester Credits