Jan 28, 2023
||Arts and Sciences
||Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
||125 semester credits
The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science prepare students with the essential knowledge and skills to enter careers as health, fitness, and human performance specialists. The degree emphasize a strong core of scientific understanding of the human body and its systems as they relate to general health and wellness, fitness, and performance enhancement.
Graduates with a degree in Exercise Science will be able to:
- Assess client health and fitness using student-collected data.
- Design sound fitness and performance training programs based on scientific constructs.
- Engage in a consistent personal program of fitness and wellness.
- Implement effective exercise programs in sport, health, wellness, or fitness settings.
- Integrate the study of exercise science and the Christian faith.
Entrance to Major
- Students should contact the College of Arts and Sciences for Entrance to Major criteria.
Core Curriculum Requirements: 43
Written and Verbal Communications: 9
- 3 credits in this area must be from Writing Practice courses* (see Course Descriptions for applicability)
- 3 credits selected from the following:
Art (ARTE), Bible (BIBL), Drama (DRAM), English (ENGL), History (HIST), Language (LANG), Music (MUSI), or Theology (THEO)
Social Sciences: 6
- 6 credits in this area must be from Writing Practice courses* (see Course Descriptions for applicability)
- Select a minimum of two disciplines from the following:
Business Administration (BUSM), Communication (except COMM 1213), Economics, Education (EDUC), Geography (GEOG), Health & Fitness (PEDU), Management (BMGT), Marketing (BMKT), Philosophy (PHIL), Political Science (PSCI), Psychology (PSYC), or Sociology/Anthropology (SOCI)
Core Electives: 8
Any college-level courses
Exercise Science Foundation Requirements: 38
Foundation requirements may be applied to the Core Curriculum requirements or General Electives
*Medical School Note:
*Students wishing to meet the requirements for medical school should replace SCIE 1203/1 Survey of Chemistry I and SCIE 1213/1 Survey of Chemistry II with SCIE 1333 /1 General Chemistry I, SCIE 1343 /1 General Chemistry II, SCIE 2433 /1 Organic Chemistry I and SCIE 2443 /1 Organic Chemistry II. Students may get information regarding additional requirements for medical school by contacting the College of Arts and Sciences secretary in HSC 221 for a Pre-med handbook.
Exercise Science Major Requirements: 37
Exercise Science Major Electives: 6
Select two of the following:
General Electives: 1
Any college-level courses